The Pan American Games is a major sporting event in the Americas featuring summer sports. Thousands of Athletes participate in a variety of competitions including the equestrian disciplines of Dressage, Eventing and Show Jumping. The competition is held among Athletes from nations of the Americas and takes place every four years in the year before the Summer Olympic Games.
US Equestrian is pleased to announce the athlete-and-horse combinations that have been named to the U.S. Eventing Team for the 2023 Pan American Games in Santiago, Chile. The following athlete-and-horse combinations have been named to the U.S. Eventing Team for the Pan American Games and are listed in alphabetical order:
- Sydney Elliott (Benton, La.) and QC Diamantaire, a 2010 Oldenburg gelding owned by Carol Stephens
- Liz Halliday (Ocala, Fla.) and Miks Master C, a 2012 Swedish Warmblood gelding owned by Debby Palmer and the Ocala Horse Properties, LLC
Direct Reserve: Cooley Nutcracker, a 2014 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by The Nutcracker Syndicate
- Caroline Pamukcu (Miami Beach, Fla.) and HSH Blake, a 2015 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Mollie Hoff, Sherrie Martin and Caroline Pamukcu
- Sharon White (Summit Point, W.V.) and Claus 63, her own 2012 Holsteiner gelding
The following combination has been named as the traveling reserve:
- Tamie Smith (Murrieta, Calif.) and Kynan, a 2015 KWPN gelding owned by Kynan Syndicate LLC
The following combinations have been named as team alternates and are listed in alphabetical order:
- Jacob Fletcher (North Little Rock, Ark.) and Fabian, a 2010 KWPN gelding owned by Fletcher Farms
- Hannah Sue Hollberg (Kennett Square, Penn.) and Capitol H I M, a 2007 Holsteiner gelding owned by Christa B. Schmidt
- Dan Kreitl (Muncie, Ind.) and Carmango, a 2013 Westphalian gelding owned by Kay Dixon
- Alyssa Phillips (Fort Worth, Texas) and Oskar, a 2009 Holsteiner gelding owned by Julie Phillips
- Tamie Smith (Murrieta, Calif.) and Elliot V, a 2009 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Elliot V Partnership
General admission tickets are available to purchase here.
- October 26, 2023: 1st Horse Inspection
- October 27, 2023: Dressage
- October 28, 2023: Cross-Country
- October 29, 2023: 2nd Horse Inspection & Show Jumping (Team/Individual)
The 2023 Pan American Games Eventing Application deadline was April 07, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The selection period for the 2023 Pan American Games has concluded. Please review the Selection Procedures for a complete listing of the Selection Trials.
The 2023 Pan American Games will run at the CCI3* level for the cross-country test and at the CCI4* level for the dressage and jumping tests. With this consideration, an additional qualifying result (MER) was required at a CCI4*-S or a USEF Advanced Horse Trial for Athlete/Horse combinations that have only completed a CCI3*-L between January 1, 2022, and July 25, 2023.
The Mandatory Outing, as outlined in the Selection Procedures, will take place at the Maryland Horse Trials at Loch Moy, from October 7th-8th, 2023. The Team and Alternate combinations will be required to attend this event as part of the selection process.
Published by the FEI on July 28, 2023.
Questions? Contact Gemma Stobbs at [email protected] or (859) 225-6929.
Athletes wishing to file a grievance challenging a denial or threatened denial to participate in competition, please see the Athlete’s Guide to Filing a Grievance Regarding Opportunity to Participate and Grievance Form. For procedural guidance for filing a grievance, please contact Emily Pratt at [email protected]. Please contact the USOPC Athlete Ombudsman Office at +1 (719) 866-5000, or [email protected], or visit www.athleteombudsman.org for guidance as to the USOPC grievance processes.