1. Currently riders competing in Academy, Walk-Trot, and Opportunity classes are exempt from USEF membership. Will these exemptions remain in place in 2023?
Yes, any classes or sections that are currently exempt from membership will continue to be exempt.
2. Will the online show pass system at USEF communicate with show management software systems?
Yes, the USEF Show Pass information will be available live, in real time through the USEF API to show management software.
3. Will the USEF API indicate whether someone is ineligible for a Show Pass if they have already paid for one for that year?
Yes, the USEF API will return information that the person is ineligible.
4. Are riders, owners, and trainers all eligible for one Show Pass per competition year?
No. While riders and owners are eligible for one Show Pass, trainers and coaches are no longer eligible to participate under a Show Pass and must be an Active USEF member.
5. Are parents that sign as the trainer or coach for their minor child exempt from membership and/or show pass?
No, anyone that signs an entry blank or acts as a trainer or coach must be an Active USEF member and is not eligible for a Show Pass.
6. Are foreign competitors (citizens of other nations) with proof, in English, of current membership in good standing of their own National Federation required to pay a Show Pass?
No, non-US citizens who are members in good standing of their National Federations with proof, in English, of current membership in good standing of their own National Federation are exempt from payment of the Federation Show Pass fee.
7. Where can I access the Show Pass form?
8. Can a competition accept payment from an exhibitor for a Show Pass fee?
No, Show Pass purchases can only be made online by exhibitors.
9. If I purchase one Show Pass, is it good for the whole competition year?
No, a Show Pass is only valid for one competition and non-member participants (riders, drivers, handlers, vaulters, longeurs, owners, lessees, and agents) are limited to obtaining no more than one (1) Show Pass per competition year.
10. How far in advance can I purchase a Show Pass?
You can purchase a Show Pass for a competition beginning within the next fourteen(14) days or for a competition that is currently in progress.