The George Morris Horsemanship Training Session is designed to identify and develop the next generation of top U.S. Equestrian Team talent through instruction from experts in a variety of aspects of horsemastership. Past participants include members of recent U.S. Teams, including Lillie Keenan, who helped the U.S. secure a Gold Medal at CSIO5* in Dublin in August 2017 and at CSIO5* Spruce Meadows 'Masters' in September 2017, Ali Wolff who was on the Silver Medal winning U.S. Team at CSIO4* Wellington in March 2017, and Jennifer Gates, Michael Hughes, and Wilton Porter, all who were members of the U.S. Team at CSIO3* Samorin in September 2017.
The next Training Session has been postponed until 2020 to allow for a revitalization and refresh of the program. The training session is designed to identify and develop the next generation of top U.S. Equestrian Team talent, and US Equestrian would like to take time to further that mission. The postponement of the session will allow US Equestrian to better align with and support the pathway programs for up-and-coming jumping talent.
The following 12 athletes were invited to participate in 2019 and those that were qualified will still have an invitation to the training session in 2020, provided they meet a minimum criteria of the following:
• Highest-ranking individual U.S. Young Rider and U.S. Junior Rider at the 2018 Adequan® FEI North American Youth Championships presented by Gotham North
• Individual Champion of the 2018 USEF Junior Jumper National Championship
• Winner of 2018 USEF U25 National Championship
• Winner of the 2018 Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search Finals-East
• Winner of the 2018 Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search Finals-West
• Two Emerging Athlete Program riders
• Four Wild Cards
The public will be welcome to audit all mounted sessions in 2020. US Equestrian thanks the many clinicians and sponsors who make this event possible and will continue to help make it a success in 2020.
Questions? Contact Lizzy Chesson, US Equestrian Managing Director of Jumping at [email protected] .