U.S. Performance Director: Erik Duvander
U.S. Development and Emerging Coach: Leslie Law
The Eventing Pathway Program seeks to deliver sustainable success and is focused on team podium finishes at Championships. The Emerging program serves as the foundation of the Pathway, followed by the Development program and ultimately the Elite program.
Mission: To create an environment where U.S. athletes learn how to succeed at championships.
Philosophy: Relentless pursuit of our mission. Every day is committed to creating a winning team.
Key factors for success:
- Talent identification at Emerging, Development and Elite levels
- Targeting of resources (prioritizing, benchmarking, and accountability) to achieve goals.
- Evaluating, maintaining and improving horse power.
Read more about the Pathway Program in the Strategic Plan.
Training Lists, Grants and Teams
- The High Performance Training Lists are selected by Erik Duvander in consultation with his Performance Advisory Team (PAT) of Leslie Law, Derek di Grazia, Ian Stark, Karen O'Connor and Bobby Costello. Updates are released twice per year.
- The selection criteria for the High Performance Training Lists can be viewed on each program's page: Elite, Pre-Elite and Development.
- Land Rover/USEF Competition Grant recipients are chosen by the PAT. The PAT also recommends recipients to the USET Foundation for the Jacqueline B. Mars Competition and Training Grants and Karen E. Stives Endowment Grants, and to the USEA Foundation for the Wilton Fair Fund Grants.
- The USEF Eventing Selectors – Chairman Bobby Costello, Debbie Furnas, Phyllis Dawson, Jan Byyny and Jonathan Elliott – name teams for all Championships and Nations Cups.
Inclusion or exclusion on a Training List does not imply or preclude an athlete for selection for a Games or Championships. The USEF International High Performance Programs are generously supported by the USET Foundation, USOPC, and USEF sponsors and members.
Questions? Contact Jenni Autry, Managing Director of Eventing, at [email protected] or (859) 225-2052.