U.S. Eventing Technical Advisor and Chef d'Equipe: Bobby Costello
U.S. Development and Emerging Coach: Leslie Law
The Eventing Pathway Program seeks to deliver sustainable success and is focused on team podium finishes at Championships. The Emerging program serves as the foundation of the Pathway, followed by the Development program and ultimately the Elite program.
Mission: To create an environment where U.S. athletes learn how to succeed at championships.
Philosophy: Relentless pursuit of our mission. Every day is committed to creating a winning team.
Key factors for success:
- Talent identification at Emerging, Development and Elite levels
- Targeting of resources (prioritizing, benchmarking, and accountability) to achieve goals.
- Evaluating, maintaining and improving horse power.
Read more about the Pathway Program in the Strategic Plan.
Training Programs and Teams
- The selection criteria for the High Performance Training Programs can be viewed on each program's page: Elite, Development and Emerging.
- The USEF Eventing Selectors – Chair Debbie Furnas, Phyllis Dawson, Kim Severson, Jan Byyny and Jonathan Elliott – name teams for all Championships and Nations Cups.
Inclusion or exclusion on a Training Program does not imply or preclude an athlete for selection for a Games or Championships. The USEF International High Performance Programs are generously supported by the USET Foundation, USOPC, and USEF sponsors and members.