The USEF Opportunity Fund is a grant-making resource dedicated to supporting grassroots organizations with a mission to increase access to horses, horse sports, and equine-based learning opportunities among under-represented and/or under-served communities. The USEF Opportunity Fund aims to extend the reach and impact of such organizations, further empowering them to connect with their local communities. Grants will be awarded through a competitive grants process beginning in spring 2023 and 100% of funds collected will be dedicated to supporting the USEF Community Outreach Program initiative.
Donate to Support the USEF Opportunity Fund
Program Area Priorities
Under-represented and under-served communities in equestrian sport, including but not limited to:
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) individuals/communities
- Veterans and active military personnel
- Persons with disabilities
- LGBTQ+ community
- Low-income individuals and families
- Geographical diversity (state/national region, urban areas, rural areas)
Grant funds are unrestricted and may be used for programmatic costs, operational costs, etc.
- While not a definitive list, we typically would not fund requests for the following:
- Endowments (e.g. establishing an investment fund or a permanent, self-sustaining source of funding)
- Events (e.g. fundraisers, conferences, workshops)
- Assistance for individuals (e.g. tuition, financial support, emergency aid, etc.)
Eligibility Criteria to Submit a Grant Request
- Must be a current Community Outreach Organization listed on the directory
- Must be located in a U.S. state or territory
- Must make a submission during the application period of March 15, 2023 - April 15, 2023. Late submissions and unsolicited submissions will not be accepted.
Additional information, including how to submit a grant request