The purpose of the 2020 FEI Endurance Rules information is to assist Athletes, Owners, Organizers, Trainers and Officials in the transition of the new rules effective January 1, 2020 or July 1, 2020.
The following five documents have been published to help better understand the transition period. USEF strongly encourages everyone involved in the discipline of Endurance to review the Transitional Rulebook and the Explanatory Memo carefully:
- A Transitional Rulebook (“January Rules”) – this shows all the rules (a mixture of the new and existing rules) that will apply as of January 1, 2020.
- A mark-up version of the Transitional Rulebook, where the provisions of the new rules that will not apply until 1 July and their replacement provisions during the period January 1 – June 30, 2020 have been highlighted in yellow.
- The Full Rulebook (“July Rules”) that will apply as of July 1, 2020 (i.e. the new rules approved by the FEI General Assembly), now with the updated transitional provisions included in Article 842.
- A mark-up version of the Full Rulebook that will apply as of July 1, 2020, showing the changes from the version published directly after the 2019 FEI General Assembly.
- Explanatory Memo which notes exceptions during the Transition Period (January 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020).