Age-verification is a new rule in Young Hunter classes and Jumper classes restricted by age of the horse.
Save yourself time and hassle by age-verifying your horse before you go to a competition so your points will be good for the show. It’s fast and easy to do online. Here’s how:
- Go to USequestrian.org.
- Log in to your account, then click on “My USEF” at the top right of the screen, in the black menu bar.
- Scroll down and click on the tile for the horse you want to verify.
- You’ll see a header in red that says “Upload Age Verification.” Clicking this tab will take you to a page where you can upload your proper documentation.
- Use the Browse button to choose the file with your documents to upload.
- Click Submit.
- USEF will review the paperwork and let you know when we have marked the horse in the system as Age Verified (typically a turnaround of less than three business days).
The documentation is not for all Hunter and Jumper classes; the age-verification rule is intended only for age-restricted classes. Below, we break down the specifics for these classes:
- Hunter age restrictions are defined as horses under the age of seven.
- If your horse is eligible, you can compete in sections determined by height. See rule HU104.6 for these height sections.
- The horse can compete from December 1 through that competition year in which they reach the applicable age.
- Age of the horse must be verified by USEF using the following documents: registration papers or Certificate of Pedigree from a breed or sport horse registry OR passport issued by a World Breed Federation Sport Horse (WBFSH)-recognized registry.
- A horse may compete in only one height section at each competition.
- Age-restricted classes are open only to horses recorded with USEF which have been age-verified.
- Age can be verified only through the following identification documents: registration papers or Certificate of Pedigree from a breed or sport horse registry OR passport issued by a WBFSH-recognized registry.
For 2018, you will need to have your horse age-verified before showing at a USEF competition.
Questions? Call US Equestrian Customer Care at 859-258-2472 or contact us by email at [email protected] or by live online chat at USequestrian.org. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. We’re here to assist you throughout your competition career!