The USOPC added a new webinar to the Sports Nutrition for Para Athletes webinar series – this one is on Staying Healthy. While it’s about nutrition to support immune function, it wasn’t put together specifically for Covid-19 messaging.
The purpose of these 15-20 min webinars is to provide a resource for athletes who don’t have regular access to a sport dietitian. They are resources that any athlete at any stage in their career can take something away from.\
I’ve listed the entire series here as a reminder of the links. The last link on the list is the newest one.
· Sports nutrition introduction - https://youtu.be/BDeuh7htGWU
· Fueling appropriately for training - https://youtu.be/j92vl8k9gFk
· Hydration - https://youtu.be/eKEm1Now_Ys
· Recovering effectively between training sessions (the 4 R’s of recovery) - https://youtu.be/qjsrGMwP-1U
· Changing body composition - https://youtu.be/lxEYsC9ER0E
· Competition nutrition - https://youtu.be/vdI76g1DCps
· Travel nutrition - https://youtu.be/KrbnQ8rSW-s
· Staying Healthy - https://youtu.be/zfreOw99u7E
In addition, I’d like to take the opportunity to highlight that the USOPC Sport Dietitian professional team have recently updated all of the fact sheets on their website, and added a new one on vegetarian/ vegan eating. Please take a look at the new format - www.teamusa.org/nutrition