The purpose of this USEF Para-Equestrian Dressage Coach Pilot Program is to increase awareness and coach education opportunities within Paralympic Equestrian Sports, aid in the development of a USEF Coach database, and enhance national coaching support for para-equestrian athletes, including para-eligible veterans. This Coach Program is made possible in part by a collaborative Adaptive Sport Grant funded through the Department of Veterans Affairs, and coordinated by Carlisle Academy in partnership with the United States Equestrian Federation and the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship, International.
- 20 coaches needed for pilot (10 at each location). Fully funded tuition and travel scholarships are available for qualified coaches through an application process.
- 10 demonstration riders needed (5 at each location, preferably representing each classification grade). Fully funded tuition are available for eligible athletes through an application process.
- Veterans are encouraged to attend these events to learn more and may participate at no charge. Travel funds are available to para-eligible veteran athletes.
- Auditors are welcome (fee).
- Athlete classification with a national classifier is available at both locations.
Full program details including schedule of events, summary of coach curriculum, application process, and athlete/coach scholarships are available online at www.usef.org, under Para-Dressage documents, or by contacting Laureen Johnson at [email protected].
Deadline to apply: April 25. Applicants will be notified on April 30th.