AS AT MARCH 26, 2020: ALL TOKYO 2020 SELECTION PROCEDURES ARE CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW FOR AMENDMENTS DUE TO THE POSTPONEMENT OF THE GAMES.
Please visit your discipline-specific page for more information.
USEF will use its best efforts to keep the general process outlined in these selection procedures intact as much as possible, however, there will be unavoidable, necessary changes. Specifically, any upcoming dates/deadlines referenced within these selection procedures are hereby postponed. While the IOC and IPC have confirmed that all quota places already assigned for the Tokyo 2020 Games will remain unchanged, it is expected that the FEI will revise the few parameters listed in the FEI bullet below.
Along with the postponement of the timing of selection decisions/announcements, other changes are being re-evaluated and will be communicated as soon as possible. These include any/all of the following:
- FEI: age eligibility parameters, entry deadlines, Minimum Eligibility Requirement timelines, horse ownership deadlines, sport class status
- USOPC: final team nomination deadline, long list deadlines
- USEF: application due dates, Short List timelines, ranking list timeframes, SPORT team nomination dates, evaluative events and/or criteria
As a result of event cancellations linked to COVID-19, all Selection Procedures are currently under review. This review will be ongoing as new cancellations come in on a daily basis. If amendments to Selection Procedures are required and approved, they will be posted on the USEF discipline-specific pages and a notice will be sent out through social media and email.
Helpful Resources from the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF)
- General Coronavirus Disease Resources and Updates from USEF
- USEF Letter to the Members Regarding the Coronavirus Outbreak (March 10, 2020)
- A Letter from the President and CEO Regarding the Impact of Coronavirus on USEF Licensed Competitions (March 13, 2020)
- USEF Update on COVID-19: Presidential Modification and Resources (March 17, 2020)
- USEF Update on COVID-19: Suspension Extended (March 25, 2020)