WEG only comes around once every four years, bringing together the world’s elite equestrian athletes from eight Fédération Equestre Internationale disciplines: jumping, dressage, para-equestrian dressage, three-day eventing, combined driving, endurance, vaulting, and reining.
The event will likely be one of the largest spectator events in the U.S. in 2018, with nearly 500,000 people expected to attend during the 14 days of competition. To get you ready for WEG 2018, here’s what you need to know heading into the year leading up to the Games:
- Dates: Sept. 11-23, 2018
- Location: Tryon International Equestrian Center, 25 International Blvd., Mill Spring, NC 28756
- Event websites: tryon2018.com and fei.org/tryon-2018
- Schedule of events: Opening ceremonies will be held Tuesday, September 11, and closing ceremonies on Sunday, September 23. The competition schedule for disciplines can be found here.
- Disciplines: Jumping, Dressage, Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Combined Driving, Endurance, Vaulting, Reining
- Ticket info: Register your email at the Tryon 2018 website or like the Tryon 2018 Facebook page to get ticket updates. Individual tickets, ticket packages, general entry passes, and VIP experiences will all be available. Tickets are expected to go on sale this month.
- Relive the history. The FEI has a website with some WEG facts and figures since 1990. Click a year and get an overview, results, and more.
- Want to volunteer? Sign up to volunteer here.
Stay tuned to USEquestrian.org in the months leading up to the event for news, updates, and information!