The FEI Jumping North American Youth Championship for Child Riders, Junior Riders, and Young Riders provide an exciting opportunity for riders in various age groups to compete against their peers in a Championship format similar to that of that of international senior Championships like the Olympic Games. Competition in each age category is held over the course of multiple days and features both a Team Competition, with Teams fielded by Zone, and an Individual Competition.
The 2018 FEI NAChJYRC will be held at Old Salem Farm in North Salem NY on August 1-5.
Important Dates and Information for the FEI Jumping North American Youth Championship:
- June 4, 2018 – End of 2018 NAYC Qualifying Period (exception: Zone 10 Selection Trials)
- June 4, 2018 – Final Deadline to earn Certificates of Capability
- June 12, 2018 – Final Deadline to submit Online Applications (MUST have current FEI Registration numbers to apply)
- June 12, 2018 – Final Deadline to submit Certificates of Capability to USEF office, Attn: Jennifer Haydon
- June 20, 2018 – All Standings will be post complete
- June 21, 2018 – No corrections will be accepted after noon EST
The categories are as follows:
Child Rider Championship (NAChC): athletes FEI ages 12 - 14, fences up to 1.25m *New!*
Junior Rider Championship (NAJC): athletes FEI ages, 14 - 18, fences up to 1.40m
Young Rider Championship (NAYRC): athletes FEI ages 16 - 21, fences up to 1.50m
Questions? Contact Jennifer Haydon, USEF Director, Jumping National Programs, at [email protected].
As an FEI athlete you are subject to Clean Sport anti-doping regulations for both your horses and yourself as an athlete. You and your horses are very likely to be tested. It is your responsibility to ensure you follow these regulations and a guide can be found at: https://www.usef.org/team-usa/sport-excellence-education/clean-sport