2014 US PONY JUMPER CHAMPIONSHIPS
Information about the qualification system for the 2014 US Pony Jumper Championships
As of June 2, 2013, only Pony Jumper classes held at
1.05m or above will be used to acquire points towards the 2014 US Pony Jumper Championships using the following system:
Points from the faults and fence height in the first round plus points from the placing and number of competitors that competed
(per JP 133.13) will equal the total points earned in that class.
Number of faults
|0-3 flts||4-7 flts||8 flts
Number of Competitors that Competed
Here are a few examples:
Pony/rider combination completes a course with 0 faults in a class held at 1.15m and receives 2nd place out of 4 competitors. That
combination will acquire 17 points. (15 points from faults/fence height plus 2 points from the placing/# of competitors)
Pony/rider combination completes a course with 12 faults in a class held at 1.05m and receives 4th place out of 5 competitors. That
combination will acquire 1 point. (0 points from faults/fence height plus 1 point from the placing/#of competitors)
Pony/rider combination completes a course with 4 faults in a class held at 1.10m and receives 1st place out of 1 competitor. That
combination will acquire 5 points. (5 points from the faults/fence height plus 0 points from the placing/# of competitors)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Pony Jumper classes almost rarely “fill” so how will I get any points?
- Answer: Unlike points towards Horse of the Year awards, GR 1113.2 does not apply since this system is outlined in the Selection
Procedures for the 2014 US Pony Jumper Championships. Therefore, a pony/rider combination can acquire points towards the championship
even if there only are one or two competitors in the class.
- What if a show does not offer Pony Jumper classes?
- Answer: USEF is informing competitions of the need for Pony Jumper Classes to be included in their prize list. However, you should
contact the competition as soon as possible to ask them if they can add Pony Jumper classes per GR 904.
- If there are no Pony Jumper classes at a competition, can I use the Children’s Jumper class to acquire points towards
the 2014 US Pony Jumper Championships?
- Answer: No, only Pony Jumper classes held at 1.05m or above will be used for accumulating points towards the championship.
- Will this new qualifying system affect points for Zone and National Horse of the Year awards?
- Answer: This new 2014 US Pony Jumper Championships qualifying system is unrelated to the HOTY awards. Therefore, the HOTY program
along with its applicable rules, including the minimum of three competitors in a class, has not changed.