Welcome To USEF

Sign In To USEF

High School FAQ

  1. Q. What is the application fee?
    $10 per program year. An application and fee must be submitted for each year of participation.
  2. Q. What type of USEF membership do I need to participate in this program?
    If you compete at USEF licensed competitions you should apply for a USEF Competing Junior Membership. If you do not compete at USEF horse shows, you can join as a non-competing member. There are two types of non-competing memberships to choose from, USEF Equestrian for $35 or Club Equestrian for $15.
  3. Q. What happens after I send in my application?
    After USEF receives your application, a log will be emailed to you. You will use the log to track your hours spent training, practicing and competing. If you apply online, you will have access to the log immediately. A link for the log will be available online in your My USEF My Way My Account if you need additional copies.
  4. Q. What is the time frame to meet the hour and competition requirements?
    Each program year runs from June 1 through May 31.
  5. Q. How many hours does the program require?
    100 Hours
  6. Q. Can I count the time I spend doing barn chores, grooming, and tacking-up towards the hour requirement?
    No, only time spent actively working with a horse will count. For example, time spent riding, training, and lungeing will count for the hour requirement.
  7. Q. What are the competition requirements?
    Students must compete in three competitions during the program year.
  8. Q. What types of shows count towards the competition requirement?
    Any show that is organized by a horse show organization or club will count towards the requirement. Example: USEF, AQHA, 4-H, Pony Club, IEA or any state or local horse association shows.
  9. Q. What do I submit as verification that I have met the competition requirements?
    Please send results from the competition. If you cannot get results, a letter from the competition organizer or an invoice from the competition will also serve as verification. Documentation must include the name and date of the competition and yourself as rider.
  10. Q. What do I send to provide proof of enrollment in high school?
    A report card or a high school transcript will be accepted as proof of enrollment.
  11. Q. If I have already met the requirements of the program do I have to wait until May 31st to submit everything?
    No, you can submit your log, competition record, and proof of enrollment as soon as you have met all the requirements.
  12. Q. What is the deadline to submit all the required materials?
    The log, competition record, and high school transcript/report card must be received in the USEF office no later than June 15th.
  13. Q. How do I submit my documentation?
    Online HERE
    Mail to USEF at 4047 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511
    Fax to USEF at 859-231-6662