Online Renewal/Membership Application
Joining USEF/Renewing your membership
- Log in to your My USEF Account. If you do not have a My USEF Account, you must first create an account.
Under the Membership Options, click on Membership Application / Renewal / 3-YR Member Update / Life / Questionnaire / License Renewal
- Select Type of Membership. If you are competing or own a horse competing at a USEF licensed competition select "Competing".
- Renewing members can select "Quick Renewal". Your application will be automatically filled with your personal information and the previous year’s membership category.
- Confirm: Read the Notice and click Continue.
- General Info: Read the information and click Continue.
- In Competition Renewal: If you are at a USEF Licensed competition, select yes, then select the State to find the competition number to type in. If you complete an USEF online application in the competition office, on your lap top in the barn or hotel room, or home computer during a competition, you must put the competition number in this section of the online application in order for your membership to have the start date of the competition and HOTY points to count. Ask the competition secretary for this number. If you are not at a competition, click no.
- Member Info: Verify and/or make changes to USEF information. Click Continue. Fields marked in navy are required. You will not be able to continue with your application until the fields are completed.
- Select Breeds/Discipline Affiliation: Please select your primary breed/discipline affiliation. This is a required field.
- Membership Type: Select the appropriate membership type (unless you are already a USEF Life Member).
- (if applicable): USHJA Membership: If you choose Hunter or Jumper as one of your primary affiliations (step 7) and compete in non-breed restricted hunter and/or jumper divisions at USEF licensed competitions, you must become a USHJA member or pay a non-member fee at the competition. Please type your name in the box as it appears below the box.
- Amateur Status: Declaration of whether you are an amateur or professional competitor. You must choose one if you are 18 years old and older. You must type your name in the signature box exactly as it is listed below the box. Click Continue.
equestrian magazine, Privacy Information and Rule Book:
- If you prefer to view equestrian on the USEF website and do not need a copy, please check the box indicating this.
- If someone in your household already receives a copy of equestrian magazine and you do not wish to receive another copy, please check the box to indicate this.
- Choose one appropriate selection for your USEF Rule Book.
- Include any comments as desired regarding the application, your membership with USEF, or other information. Click Continue.
- USOC Data: If desired, please provide information regarding Race/National Origin, Gender and Disability Status. Click Continue.
Horses: Indicate the status of horses under your ownership in USEF records.
- Horses that have a USEF Horse ID number only will appear first. If the horse has more than one owner, it will only appear on one renewal (generally, the person or farm listed first on the original application). Please indicate if the horses are sold, retired or deceased. If you would like to record the Horse ID horse, for USEF Horse of the Year (HOTY) awards, you may choose Annual ($75) Membership or Life Recording ($200) (applicable charges will be added to your renewal fee). Click "No Change" if there is no change to the horse’s status.
- Horses that have a Life Recording with USEF will appear next. If the horse has more than one owner, it will only appear on one renewal (generally, the person or farm listed first on the original application). If you are listed as the owner of a Life Recorded horse, please indicate if the horse is Active, Sold, Retired, Leased, or Deceased by selecting the appropriate status in the drop down beside each horse's name. Click "No Change" if there is no change to the horse’s status.
- Horses that have an Annual Recording with USEF (or had an Annual Recording during the previous competition year) will appear last. If the horse has more than one owner, it will only appear on one renewal (generally, the person or farm listed first on the original application). If you are listed as the owner of an Annually Recorded horse, please indicate if the horse will be renewed Annually or Life (applicable charges will be added to your renewal fee), or is Sold, Retired, Leased, or Deceased by clicking on the circle under these categories. Click "No Change" if there is no change to the horse’s status.
Note: If you need to record a new horse annually or for Life, you must complete a Horse Recording Application located on the main menu of your My USEF Account.
- Federation Release, Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Indemnification: Please read and then type your name in the signature box exactly as it is listed below the box. Click Continue.
Payment Info: Verify charges, enter payment information.
- Payment Summary indicates the breakdown of charges entered to this point in the application process. If you selected a USHJA membership, you will also see the total cost of the selected membership. Annual horse fee displays the total charge for annual renewals and Lifetime Horse fee displays total charge for the annual horses which were given a life recording. Your Subtotal is the total of the above fees.
- Donation: You are invited to add a donation to your application total to support our Olympic/International Equestrian Team USA. Simply type the amount of your desired donation in the Donation field.
- Grand Total: You will see the amount of the total charge for your membership application, horse fees, associated fees and donation.
- Payment Information: Enter your credit card type (USEF accepts VISA American Express, MasterCard and echeck), expiration date, and card number (16 digits with no spaces or other characters). Also input the zip code for the billing address of the credit card and credit card holder's first and last name. The card code is also required. This is the number found on the back of your credit card. Type in your name as it appears on your card.
If the transaction was not completed successfully, the program will not go to the receipt step (next step). You can enter another credit card number and try again. If your transaction was completed successfully, you will go to the receipt page.
- Receipt: You will get a response indicating if your transaction was completed successfully. Print the receipt page for your records.
- Online Card: When your transaction is completed successfully, you will be able to print an online membership card which can be used as proof of membership at competitions until you receive your USEF (and USHJA, if applicable) membership card via mail. Print this page for your use.
Congratulations, you have joined USEF on line!